BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS: MURDER BY ROAD TRIP by John J Jessop and Jacqueline J Jessop
Want to have John at your book club live or via Skype? Email the author directly at email@example.com
- MURDER BY ROAD TRIP was inspired by a 30-day, 7600 mile road trip that John took with his daughter in 2016. How many of the events in the book actually happened on the trip?
- MURDER BY ROAD TRIP is intended to be a comedy murder mystery. What excerpts in the book made you laugh out loud?
- Did you enjoy the book? Was it a fun read? Why, or why not?
- How would you briefly describe the book to a friend? What about the book would you emphasize?
- Who was your favorite character? Why?
- What characteristics or actions of Jason Longfellow did you relate to?
- Halfway through a murder mystery, the reader often has some idea of the killer’s identity. In MURDER BY ROAD TRIP was this the case for you or were you surprised at the end?
- If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast?
- Did the characters seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone? Were they likeable?
- What, if anything, set this book apart from others you’ve read in a similar genre?
- What do you think of the book’s cover? How well does it convey what the book is about?
- As a biotech murder mystery, MURDER BY ROAD TRIP explores the humorous side of what could go wrong when scientists play around with our DNA, cells and immune system. Do you even wonder about this in the real world? Any thoughts on the subject?
- Do you believe Chelsea would ever really strangle Jason?
- What did you think about the proposed cure for restless leg syndrome? Would you take this cure?
- Have you even been on a family road trip in an RV? Was it anything like the Longfellow’s trip?